Went to the Modefabriek today. Modefabriek is a fashion fair in Amsterdam exclusively for fashion professionals, held twice a year, this time on 22 and 23 July at the RAI. It was my first time going and I have to say I was very impressed by all the brands there. The fair is so big that I got lost at one point!
The fair is a place for different fashion related brands to showcase their product. You will find a lot of buyers for stores, warehouses and press as visitors. Besides that you will find nice places within the fair to have a drink or something to eat, this can be inside or outside. Modefabriek did a great job styling the place and it is very good organized.
Today I had a look to see if there were some new brands or brands I’ve not heard of yet. Not to sell in a store but to write about and I have to say I’m happy with the finds. Have to admit that I didn’t stay long though, cause it was really too much to take in, all the cloths, shoes and accessories. Loved the free magazine corner!
Looking for things I would buy, I was mostly attracted to the jewelry and I can tell you there were A LOT of them! Due to copyright laws and stuff I didn’t take pictures but some of the brands I found interesting are:
- Celine d’Aoust (delicate sophisticated handmade jewelry, high end)
- Sence Copenhagen (sophisticated fashion jewelry, affordable, loved their earrings and their matt finishes)
- Bud to Rose (edgy feminine jewelry, affordable used to be Didi)
- Ydence (clothing, high quality basics, Dutch and affordable)
- Tosca Blu (Italian handbags and shoes, big variety colorful and classic designs, affordable, check their sales page)
- Bibi Bijoux (fashion jewelry, affordable)
- Amatør (clothing, young office wear, also have more casual jackets, the casual jacket caught my attention)
- Pastry shoes (sneakers from the Simmons sisters, in the Netherlands since 1,5 years)
- BOHO bikini’s (great for Ibiza or any sandy sunny place)
- Velvetees (handmade cute, fun foodies necklaces and bracelets, VERY affordable)
There were so many brands, that you just can’t cover them all. On some of them I will write a stand alone blog but first I’m gonna do some online shopping in their websites! :p
Have to say visiting the Modefabriek was a pretty good experience, even wondered which brand I would buy in if I had my own store. Keep dreaming… :p
Picture source: Modefabriek